Experience the top destinations of New Zealand’s North Island on this luxury guided tour. Your private guide will meet you at the airport and take you on an escorted tour of New Zealand, with luxury accommodation and special personalised experiences that will elevate your holiday experience to something truly incredible.
Offering New Zealand’s best escorted tours and highly experienced tour guides, we cater for tours between 1-20 people. With no date or itinerary restrictions, your luxury North Island guided tour can be fully customised.
10 Day North Island Luxury Guided Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Arrive Auckland
Your fantastic guided holiday begins in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. Home to 1/4 of New Zealand’s population and bordered by two stunning harbours, Auckland is thriving, diverse city surrounded by natural wonders.
Explore Auckland with your guide, visiting top attractions such as the Sky Tower, Mt Eden’s volcanic crater, Waiheke Island, Kelly Tarlton’s Underwater World, or Piha Beach.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 2 Bay of Islands + Dolphin Cruise
Travel time Auckland to Bay of Islands – 3 hours
Leave the city behind as your tour continues north to the Bay of Islands, a stunning stretch of coastline with secluded beaches, forested hills, and fantastic marine wildlife.
In the afternoon, cruise among the 144 islands in the bay and keep an eye out for dolphins, whales, and penguins!
Stay 2 nights in Paihia.
Day 3 Northland + Ninety Mile Beach
Discover the wild northern reaches of New Zealand today with your guide – venture past forests and farmland and windswept beaches on the journey to Cape Reinga, where a lighthouse marks the northernmost tip of New Zealand.
On the way, take in the vast expanse of 90 Mile Beach and visit an ancient Kauri grove hidden within lush native bush.
Day 4 Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
Travel time Bay of Islands to Auckland – 3 hours
Return to the City of Sails for an afternoon in town.
In the evening, enjoy a decadent harbour dinner cruise on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 5 Waitomo Glowworm Caves + Taupo
Travel time Auckland to Waitomo Caves – 2.5 hours
Venture off the beaten track as your guide takes you on a scenic drive to the Waitomo Caves. The land is wilder around here, with limestone outcroppings emerging from farmland and densely forested hills rising all around, but the wildest landscape of all lies underground.
Witness the marvels of these vast caverns as you explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where you will be dazzled by a galaxy of glowworms overhead.
Travel time Waitomo Caves to Taupo – 2 hours
Enjoy the scenic drive to Taupo, a small town set beside New Zealand’s largest lake. With the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park looming in the distance, and the lake itself formed from an ancient volcanic crater, you will get a close-up look at the immense forces that shaped New Zealand. Visit the majestic Huka Falls with your guide and relax on the lakefront.
Stay 1 night in Taupo.
Day 6 Tongariro National Park Scenic Flight + Rotorua
In the morning, lift high above Lake Taupo to soar around the volcanic peaks of Tongariro National Park, exploring the craters and colourful volcanic lakes on a scenic floatplane flight.
Travel time Taupo to Rotorua – 1 hour
Your geothermal experience will continue as you enjoy the short drive to Rotorua. Tour the exciting geothermal attractions with your guide, visiting sulphur springs, mud pools, geysers, and sinter terraces.
In the evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at Rotorua’s most spectacular location – the top of the Skyline Gondola!
Stay 2 nights in Rotorua.
Day 7 Private Mud Bath + Sulphur Spa
Stroll through Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to experience the rich Maori culture and view the exciting geothermal features. Afterwards, smooth your skin with silky mud in a private mud bath and soak in a relaxing sulphur spa.
Day 8 Tauranga
Travel time Rotorua to Tauranga – 1 hour
Continue to the Bay of Plenty, one of the most popular summer holiday destinations in New Zealand, and explore the city with your guide.
Stay 2 nights in Tauranga.
Day 9 Mills Reef Winery Tasting and Helicopter Tour
Today, join Aerius Helicopters for an unforgettable excursion – a helicopter tour combined with a wine tasting! Circle around Mt Maunganui and take in the coastal views before enjoying lunch at the fantastic Mills Reef Winery (own expense).
Day 10 Auckland
Travel time Tauranga to Auckland – 3 hours
As your holiday draws to a close, return to Auckland and spend your final evening shopping, touring around with your guide, or celebrating the end of a fantastic holiday.
Stay 1 night in Auckland.
Day 11 Depart Auckland
Your guide will deliver you to Auckland Airport for your departing flight.
Luxury Highlights Include:
- Spotting dolphins, whales, and penguins as you cruise through the stunning Bay of Islands.
- Visiting the remote northern tip of New Zealand at Cape Reinga, and exploring 90 Mile Beach.
- Cruising and dining on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour – watch the city lights come to life and sparkle across the water.
- Witnessing a fantastic galaxy of glowworms at Waitomo Caves.
- Visiting the magnificent Huka Falls.
- Soaring high above the volcanoes of Tongariro National Park, past craters and emerald lakes and lava flows, on a scenic floatplane flight!
- Exploring the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua – see geysers, bubbling mud pools, turquoise sulphur springs, and colourful sinter terraces.
- Dining in style atop the Skyline Gondola, with views of Rotorua spread out below.
- Relaxing in a sulphur pool and private mud spa and experiencing Maori culture at the Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Enjoying a decadent lunch and wine tasting at Mills Reef Winery.
- Flying around Mt Maunganui on an unforgettable helicopter tour that takes in Tauranga Harbour and the Kaimai Ranges.
Your privately guided tour includes:
- All transportation within New Zealand – you will be collected at the arrivals hall of the Auckland Airport, and dropped off at the departures hall of the Auckland Airport
- Excellent 5-star/luxury accommodation with breakfast
- Private tour guide
- Sightseeing and Photo Stops En Route
- Bay of Islands Hole in the Rock Cruise
- Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave Tour
- Mt Ruapehu Vista Scenic Floatplane Flight
- Skyline Gondola and Buffet Dinner Rotorua
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Walk, Sulphur Spa, and Private Mud Bath
- Mills Reef Wine Tasting Scenic Helicopter Excursion (lunch own expense)
** Your privately guided tour does NOT include flights, food (except breakfast and other meals where included in activities) or travel insurance. **
As guide prices are split between travellers, the pricing will vary depending on the number of travellers on your tour.
1 Traveller: NZD$21,249
2 Travellers: NZD$11,949 per adult | NZD$11,399 per child
3 Travellers: NZD$9599 per adult | NZD$8999 per child
4 Travellers: NZD$8399 per adult | NZD$7849 per child
5 Travellers: NZD$7699 per adult | NZD$7149 per child
6 Travellers: NZD$7249 per adult | NZD$6649 per child
7 Travellers: NZD$6899 per adult | NZD$6349 per child
8 Travellers: NZD$6649 per adult | NZD$6099 per child
9 Travellers: NZD$6649 per adult | NZD$6049 per child
10 Travellers: NZD$6449 per adult | NZD$5899 per child
11 + Travellers: Please enquire for your custom quote